blogger music

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Whats going on Wednesday



Where to start!!

Welcome back. Or if you're new to my blog.. Yay! I'm glad you're here.



Let’s just say, Life is busy.

This has been the most amazing summer. I have been so fortunate to be able to take this leap of faith. I am going to start light and go into the deeper stuff later.

Obsessions that aren’t seeming to go away:

SHELLAC


  Those are MY nails "ooooooooh!"
  Its been crazy to have long nails for once in my life. They have never been able to grow without splitting, or breaking somehow. Truly a miracle product. I miss being able to go get shellac done with one of my girlfriends.
 I was going consistently every 2 weeks but now
 I am trying to slow down until I get into another income.



GREEK YOGURT
I cannot get enough of Greek yogurt. So many people hate it and say its too thick. I feel full when I eat it, and it has lots of protein! So now I'm trying all these different brands and flavors. I thought Chobani was the best, but so far its actually Fage. And now I'm trying Yoplaits version take on Greek yogurt.

 The only problem with it, is its all expensive.. No matter what brand. Anything with a good source of protein isn't cheap.
 

READING
I have been reading, which for me is a HUUUGE feat. I am one of those people who likes to read CONVENIENT short stories, magazines, articles or blogs. I have dedicated myself to learning some new things though. And that takes some commitment. 
So for that alone, I am proud of myself.

This is my summer reading list, which I would highly recommend to anyone looking to improve their relationships and lives:


 "The Five Love Languages"

I started off with this book, recommended to me by my mom who has learned a thing or two about relationships. This book has shown me that not everyone is going to show you love the same way that you receive it. They may be loving you in another way that you haven't been receiving well. Its very important to know which language your lover speaks.




"The Power of Now"

I started reading this book after talking with Holly, a friend and sister-like influence in my life. She just so happens to be Chris’s sister in law. :)
This is a doozer. WHEW! I mean, I couldn't put it down because It is fascinating to me that someone has strung together a beautiful way to teach me what I have been missing out on in life. Where have I been?!

 
 Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I remember having this book as a teenager, and going through it, but NOW it TRULY speaks to me. Although the title says “for teens” it could have been for anyone, really.
 This book makes you see life through a different light. Its very small and easy to read with the chapters being only a few pages at a time. It makes sense to me that I freak out over too many small things and I am wasting my energy on things I shouldn't. Settle down there! Get out of the "emergency lane".



 FLORIDA VACATION
My trip to Florida was very nice. I wish I could get away like that more often.
Maybe the trick is to have a job that allows you to travel to different areas all the time.

 






 




Can I switch my vision to be like this every now and then? lol 




Little Bliss got spayed




Although it is an entertaining idea to breed Bliss and have little copies of her, we signed a contract with the breeder that says she is purely a pet and now she wont have any troubles with being in heat and being a crazy hyper thing. She is still recovering and the vet advised to keep her E-collar on for a total of two weeks. Poor thing, she keeps trying to jump onto things and falling down because she cant fit into small spaces as easily anymore with that thing on her head. I cant wait to take it off.

CRAFTS

I went to my parents house and my mom had a surprise for me. 
She pulled out a project from forever ago. 
Its from when I was 9 years old. Its a huuuuge doll house that is being made with tiny pieces of wood, carpet and wall paper. Its like building a house from scrap, just a smaller version of it. 

I was amazed and overwhelmed by how much is left of it. I didn't get pictures of the flooring and "work in progress" but I got some of the cute little furniture for it though. I wonder how long it will take to get it put together!



 What else is going on?


Well.. I guess we will get to the heavy stuff.


FAMILY

My dad just went through a very big surgery. Life changing. Infact, something that we take for granted everyday is being able to use the bathroom comfortably everyday, whenever we want.

 After all the cancer/chemo/radiation he went through, Then he went and had the surgery to get the colostomy done. I have seen him in the hospital and the team is just waiting for his stomach/bowels to cooperate with the system. He has been quite uncomfortable and It has been hard on all of us.. wondering what they will do next. He hasn't eaten in over a week and a half now and he feels weak. Please pray for him, or send him positive energy. I want him to get his life back to normal. I cannot stand to think that something else would happen to him. He remains hopeful and knows how much he is loved. The surgery took 6 and a half hours and I am hoping he wont need any further operations.
It makes me realize how life can change in a matter of minutes. You never know when certain gifts or things we take for granted will be gone.


 I have been open to new things more than ever now. I notice I haven't been up to saying YES to trying new things as much. I want to change that. I am ready for new things. I'll never know if I don't try. Its so strange how I got into this rut... such a secure life felt nice there for a little while. But it gets dull.








Thanks for stopping by. Just an update of the current.



3 comments:

Amanda Green said...

My dad went through that surgery multiple times now. It's a rough one. Sending positive energy his way!

Unknown said...

Florida looks awesome, we went last year and I definitely want to go back. I hope that one surgery does well for your dad and no more are needed! Bliss is so cute

Wake_Up_Fashion said...

@Amanda.. aww I am so sorry to hear that anyone has to go through it. I didn't know it could be done multiple times.. That has got to be so hard. Was it reversed and then they had to do it again? :(

And luckily he has a great team of surgeons, nurses and doctors and they are watching him closely. I am just so ready for him to be healed up.

@Anne.. Yes you should go to Disney, Magic Kingdom with Josh.. It would be sooo romantic!! Bliss is my saving grace right now. I dont know what I'd do without her. <3