blogger music

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Keeping Life Lovely

Life - Don't let it get you down.

A few tips from yours truly.




I don't claim to be an expert, but I know that these things have helped me a lot recently. We all have had our fair share of mcshittle days!



I have almost always seen my day make a complete 180 turn-around when it comes to my thoughts and my next intention for the day.



#1) Do something for someone else.

For some people this is really simple. They are parents and they do a ton of things in a day for someone else. For the single people, it may be something as small as giving someone some spare change to buy their coffee when it turns out they didn't have enough cash. Or even, calling someone to let them know you've missed them. It gets the focus off of your own problems and makes them smaller.





#2) Listen to an upbeat song! 
Music is the ultimate care taker. No matter what, it can almost ALWAYS change me to at least think differently. That is a beautiful thing. Alone? Blast it!! I always do. With other people? Listen on your ear-buds anyway.. The nice thing about that is you can hear the intricate parts of the song that you maybe didn't before. Just do it :)




#3) Say in your mind "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" 
Know that one thing is for sure..Life always goes on. And usually, in a month, or even another day, we wont feel as bad as we do in the moment of irritation or even sadness. There are so many times when I seriously have tortured myself in thought. "Way to go self, for making the situation worse than it should be!" Don't do it! Keep positive!



#4) Doll yourself up
I know for me, if I look in the mirror and I see "Hagrid" instead of Cec, I feel so yucky. Enjoy the time of taking care of your body. Get a nice hot shower, put lotion on all over afterward, and put on some nice clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in! Putting on a little bit of make up, and cute clothes always helps me to pull myself out of my funk.



#5) Do something new.
 I once used to want a new piercing every time I got bored. Obviously, that wont work.. I ran out of spots I wanted to pierce. Hence why I once had my tongue pierced. That was fun at the time. Now I try and change up something else :) Go get a hair cut. Travel by using your feet, or your bicycle. Hang out somewhere and observe the busy world around you. You might feel a certain stillness inside of you. I always do.



#6) Move around. 
Dance. Get outside. Go for a walk or even better.. get a good work out in! That is proven to make you feel better. Endorphins are REAL and scientific. 



#7) If you don't have a lot of energy-- 
take a nap, or a bath. I am an avid believer in taking baths when stress comes around. There are some amazing products out there that soothe mental fatigue. I had a friend get me a bunch of these items for my birthday and she will never know just how much it saved my life..



#8) Check a few things off your to do list.
 Every time I accomplish something (even just getting a load of laundry done) It makes me feel good. So get after it and get one of those pesky things done and you'll be glad you did! Make that call. Complete the task. Finish that book. Get the assignment out of the way! Just do it!




#9) Celebrate that you are living in this country. 
Yep! We have it better than most people and we are richer in so many ways and we don't always appreciate it. Just be glad to be breathing clean air, drinking clean water, and living in a nice place.


#10) Love on someone... !
but really, go pet your dog/cat. Go give a friend a hug. Give your lover a cuddle/massage. Give some sort of physical affection. Touch is something that a lot of people see as not important, or just lustful. But it has been shown in studies that people are healthier just by having contact with someone else.







Hope this inspires some of you :) I know I need to read this entry on those types of days!
Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments: