blogger music

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Little girly things, fall fashion and a day in the life of my allergies

DISCLAIMER: The pictures at the bottom of this blog might bother you. They gross me out, but hey.. its just an allergic reaction in the end. Just a heads up :)
 

Its a bright and lively day. I woke up this morning and my hair was combined with a kitten. Literally.

This kitten loves my hair. She was nestled into my hair like a fitted helmet this morning! Chris was laughing at me.
I wish I had a picture of what she was doing. 



Speaking of..

 HAIR:

 The last two weeks I discontinued the washing of my hair DAILY. I switched it to every other day.
It has evolved in that time alone. I'm amazed at how much softer it is already.
  I finally made a commitment and stuck to it. It was so hard the first 4 days. I felt gross. I dont like dry shampoo, so I decided that even if I don't shampoo it everyday, I can wet it and get it rinsed out so that I don't feel as weird about it. The oil finally balanced out and I no longer feel disgusting!
 
I know this is a known fact, that you aren't suppose to wash it everyday. It took real commitment for me to stop though. Addiction maybe? Having that clean feeling is habit that you have to pay for in the long run.
And since I have fine hair, I still have to shampoo it on the second day. I wouldn't go any longer than that, unless my hair was beastly thick.

Love these hair illustrations







FASHION/STYLE LOVES:

I have been holding out for fall. It is one of my favorite seasons...! I feel like this is where the real styling comes in.


Summer: shorts, tank top, flip flops, sunglasses = easy breezy


Fall:  jeans, leggings, sweaters, layered tanks, cardigans, scarves, beanies, boots, moccasins, etc. = more involved.




















TECHNOLOGY:

I am sooo ready to switch over to an iPhone. I knew one day I would want one, and I feel like I have been holding out for the longest time. Right now I have a Samsung Epic. I have truly enjoyed this as my first smartphone. I am not sure why, but my phone is starting to run so slow and just shuts off randomly.

 There are many reasons I have wanted this. The only thing that freaks me out is that I always tend to drop my phone! Well, over time... It is scary how much I have dropped it. And I think that the iPhone (no matter which version) has always been extremely fragile. Even with a case. What do you guys think? iPhone ..worth it?



INSPIRATION:


If you don't know who Kandee Johnson is----- you are missing out. She is one of my biggest inspirations everyday. She is a well-known make up artist for Mtv, VH1, movies, bridal make up and stage make up. Shes also great with hair, fashion, costume tutorials, craft ideas, recipes, great advice, and an all around mood lifter. 
:) She is an incredible mom of 4. She has personal videos which share more about who she is and I love those ones. I have been watching her for years now.

 She has a heart of gold. If I could make up a best friend, she would have at least 1/2 of Kandee Johnsons spirit. She recently uploaded a video and I always comment on her videos when I have a thought.

On Wednesday, she responded to my comment. See below. I was on the phone with my sister, Jessica and suddenly, I was freaking out because I looked at my email. "Kandee Johnson replied to your comment on youtube". I immediately started to get tears in my eyes because it makes me feel more closely connected to her. She saw what I wrote. She reads her comments and had a moment to say something back. There are GAZILLIONS of people who write to her daily. She doesn't have the time to respond to each and every person and I know it wasn't anything too elaborate, but it certainly made my day. 

I took a screen shot. My name on YouTube is 07StarEyes. Sorry its so big, but I wanted you guys to be able to read it!

See below:







My lover boy:

He is so good to me. He got me these flowers to let me know how much he appreciates me... just because. No special occasion. He often will be out and about and get something for me, just because he thinks of me. Hes so sweet <3

These are my favorite flowers. Lilies and roses.




Allergies and what I have to be careful about.
(its kinda gross.. but it is what it is)

Hair dyes and chemicals from salons.

I want to show you what happens. 

Here is my normal eye:



Here is my face/eye after being around chemicals from a hair dye:



With this photo ^ On that day, I couldnt see well if I opened my eye, or attempted to.. Plus it hurts to push them open when they are THAT swollen. So I just decided to lie down, take benedryl and sleep.

Infact, I think it makes my nose and cheeks swell as well.

Here is after benedryl, but you can see those bumps/hives above still.


My only allergy is not hair dye. I am allergic to shrimp, wasps, dead grass, fresh cut grass, cats (which is why I have a hypoallergenic kitty), Cefzil (prescription antibiotic) and cigarettes (aka --more chemicals)

With all of the above, I either break out in hives, or have difficulty breathing. HATE it.I usually have to immediately remove any make up too.. Just so that it doesn't exacerbate the problem.

I would like to try out an allergy test sometime to see what all the list entails.
You never know what youre allergic to unless you have a random outbreak like this. Fun times. Sometimes it happens after I finally allow myself to rub my eyes. Before the reaction really goes full blown, my eyes will be stinging, or tingling. If I don't touch them, they may not swell to this extreme case.. It all depends though.

Whew!



I am loving the new fall weather. Here's a tree in our neighborhood. Love the change in color. :)



Anyway, happy pumpkin time!! I am excited for October.
Any plans? Once Halloween hits, all the other holidays quickly follow!!
What do you guys think of the new iPhone 5?
Do you guys get allergies?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

its good you stopped washing your hair everyday, it is definitely much healthier for it to not have the oils stripped that much. I am stoked for fall fashion too, but none of my cute clothes fit. They fit 30 pounds ago last year. I personally have never had an iphone but it seems people who have them love them. Get an otterbox case if you get one, water and drop proof. I have dropped my EVO a million times and it has no damage thanks to the otter box.

Wake_Up_Fashion said...

@Anne really? I have people who have the Otterbox and they said their screen still busted. Usually Chris has the latest on the technology. The iPhone is always seemingly ahead.

I LOVE FALL! Thank goodness for this season because summer was ridiculous. I couldn't stay outside for long periods of time. Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment :)

Danielle Binns said...

I do wash my hair everyday and I can't imagine not washing it I am curious to try it, however, I have a few questions: How many days should you go with out washing it? Does your hair look greasy on the days you don't wash it? If so what do you do with it? Also what shampoo and conditioner works best with fine hair that get oily at the roots but dry at the tips? Oh and I checked out Kandee Johnson's youtube and I think she is cute as a button and has some great ideas. I have officially subscribed to her. Thanks for the tip

DLB

Wake_Up_Fashion said...

@Danielle - Hey :) ! I highly recommend slowing it down. It is so harsh on your hair. Mine was only slightly greasy for a few days and then it slowed down immensely! Now I have no problems with it looking or feeling greasy. Start with a simple dry shampoo before going to no wash. I still rinse my hair daily though.

I am still working to find the right shampoo/conditioner, but if you can afford to-- get Biolage. It is amazing!

Glad youre now subscribed to Kandee. Shes a rare gem!