blogger music

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Reason




So I wrote a status yesterday that is so true

 "Not taking life so seriously actually takes away the confusion that there never even was." --- C.B.

There isn't any confusion. I know who I am.
I know exactly what I need.




"If you are afraid of dying, 
you might want to re-evaluate how you are living." 
 -C.B.




For those of you who doubt me.. Don’t. You’re wasting time on that feeling. Have a little more faith



This blog post is about the reason I am deciding to take time for myself and putting an end 
what no longer grows me as a person. 
(a job and a lifestyle that didn't quite fit)



Before I start I want all of you to know first and foremost, My decision didn’t happen over night. This took about a year of careful thought and budgeting. I am always a careful and diligent planner. (Thanks, mom) 

I felt like a put my brain on a shelf to collect dust.
 I need to be utilized in my talents.


  These are the reasons why:
  • Too much pressure and too little opportunity to grow.  
  • The job itself is just not a topic id ever even think about exploring in my own free time.
  •  It's hard to be enthusiastic about a job that you didn't truly choose. I haven’t even had the chance to use my TRUE talents and abilities.
  • I couldn't get away from the pressure, so my health started to dwindle a bit. (I was not eating regularly because I was so stressed and anxious all or most of the day) My doctor told me I lost 10 lbs in a year and there was no where for me to lose it from in the first place. My hands/wrist were also aching so bad from the repetitive motions.  My eyes were dry and they'd sting.
  •  I became tired in all the ways a person could be tired.
  • Emotionally I was distraught. I need lots of human interaction in my day, and they moniter you like a hawk... You arent allowed to get up and roam freely.
  • Everyday, even going to the bathroom... they wonder why you are up from your desk.
  • If the company's values and principles are in conflict with your own, youll struggle on a consistent basis... I've learned that now.
  • When values or principles are in conflict, people may sometimes experience a sense of paralysis. That was me.
  •   The career --being a poor fit was causing me to feel anger, sorrow, or anxiety. I have anxiety as is..
  •  Overwork and stress -- no vacation in years will start to grate on you as a person.
  •   Family time and personal time.. Ive missed out on a lot of it through the years.




I use to tell ask myself "How bad does it get before you say enough?
Is it bad enough to make me leave finally?"


The answer is usually "Yes!" Unfortunately people may stay in these situations for so long that it affects their health. I was facing whether or not I should go on anti-depressants.




Here are ways of finding better fits. 

 Like I said in my last blog

First, make a list of your talents. 
Second, make a list of the type of articles or magazines that you read. 
Some of these talents and interests you want to keep as hobbies. Others are skills you 
want to sell. Third, make a list of things you'd like to learn that might be salable. 
These lists will help trigger opportunity thinking. 

Last, list other jobs and/or companies that might be interesting to you.
 How could you get the jobs or be able to work at the companies that interest you?







 Now I have time for:


- Taking care of my body 
(working out, eating healthy, sleeping)
-Meditation 
-Having a style
-Reading books and visiting the library
-Taking pictures

- My family
-My Boyfriend 
-Learning new things
-Brainstorming
-Household maintenance
-Laundry and deep cleaning
Taking a vacation to where ever
-Crafting
-Cooking 
-Fashion Shows
-Concerts 
-Free events
-Lunch dates
-Long soaking baths
-Volunteering
-Days at the pool
-One on one time with Bliss, my kitten
-puzzles and word games 

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
 -finding a job that fits me better, and possibly building a business living from home

 ^ isnt she gorgeous? Sad that shes no longer here but she left a legacy.
I want to be the type of person who has something to show for.. just like that.


I don't want a life that feels so constricted that I have to plan a huge vacation to get away. Everyday should have as much beauty as the last.


 I just feel like its time to restore my faith in life and that time is now...




Now is the time.

If I didnt do this now, when would I have?

Wait til im 40? 50? 60? No thanks.



 The recent:







 
I feel like there are many things that we are “pre-qualified” to do in life.. Use those gifts and youll feel most fulfilled.


Last but not least.. Like the new layout? Songs? :) Feedback!

Thanks for coming by and thanks for the support.

 Heres some things that inspired me.









4 comments:

Gregory said...

Awesome. I couldn't agree more.

Unknown said...

My job is definitely damaging to my mental and physical self. I also have bad wrists from repetitive pushing and pulling heavy people, and I am honestly tired of taking care of the sick/dying/dead. I wish I could leave, but I can't find anything that pays what I am making and this year my income is the only income. I am glad you were able to leave and have time for yourself, its necessary once in awhile.

Wake_Up_Fashion said...

@Gregory - Thanks for stopping by.

@Anne ugh.. Noo! :( If you could.. what would you be doing instead? I find that it is so rough to be in a spot where you feel good about it mentally and physically.

I hope you can find something that fits better. Thanks for the support in my decision. That's all I ever wanted.. Its amazing how much other people think they know whats right for you. You know?

Unknown said...

Well I would be working as an esthetician in skin care since I am certified in it, and went to school for it, and love it. But I have had to turn down three jobs because even working 50 hours a week they wouldn't pay the bills this year. next year I can take a lower paying job in that field, but not when we live on just my income