blogger music

Friday, June 01, 2012

What do you do to escape?


(Not a smoker, but we keep out an ash tray for guests. I always wanted to put pretty gravel in it..lol)

I am always curious on what people do to escape. I know that the reason I love music is because I feel like it requires my thoughts to turn off, and enjoy the ride. I am more likely to have anxious feelings during the day without it. I wish more people liked to just sit and listen to a song without interrupting it with conversation.

If I say I want to “show you” a song or a clip.. I really want you to see it for what it really is. ALL parts included. Not just the beginning...





Talking is fun too  --Believe me I do that a lot... lol
 but there's nothing like letting that music connect you with whoever is with you..

I found out recently that there is a link between a climax --both sexually and musically in your brain. ONE of the MANY reasons why we love music, is because there is always a “climax” per say in the song and a “favorite part”. When you only hear a clip of a song, it isn’t the same…

I know this is so bad.. but when people talk or interrupt my music, I feel I have to start the whole thing over. I now know the reason why.. I need my buildup and my climax! Or Eargasm, whatever you want to call it.. but yes.. (For my ears)

Music is POWERFUL.
I listen to music for probably 2/3 or more of my day if I have the option to..

Heres the schedule
Morning
My radio wakes me with a shot of music
On the way to work – plugged in
At work – quietly playing at my workstation
Afternoon
At lunch – plugged in
Back at work – quietly playing at my work station
Evening
On the way home from work –pluggin in!! (yay!! One of my favorite music rides)
As soon as I am on my computer or TV when I get home or until I make dinner.  –playing on my speakers (my favorite way at home

Then once I sleep I unplug from it all. Does that not sound like an addiction right there? That's pretty often!

Back to what I was saying…

Whats your vice? An unhealthy thing? Healthy? Weird? What is your “go to” ? Is music a HUGE part of your life like it is for me?





Health and Beauty-

I still cannot figure out the balance of my hair. Most people have a "routine". Mine is all over the place. I have normal hair, but its very long and there's a lot of it. I am trying to find a shampoo & conditioner that is gentle enough to use everyday and wont dry out my scalp.

So far the best one has been head and shoulders. The conditioner has almond oil in it and it smells pretty good.

Breaking a bad habit:

I am trying soo hard not to TOUCH my hair all day. I am making the commitment to break the habit. I run my fingers through it constantly, and look for split ends.

1. It makes your hair get oily faster, because of the oils on your hands.
2. I am sure I am causing breaking by tugging on it like that all the time.
3. People see it as an annoying habit, I'm sure and probably judge me based on that (I dont care about my friends/family seeing me do it..but my job is where I do it the most, and I'm sure people see me doing it..and obviously it looks immature --like a high school girl lol).





^ lol not sure if that last one is true but its a good reason to stop it! :P 
The reason I do it is out of boredom and habit. Not a good enough reason.




I went through my whole closet again and did a clean. Undies drawer didn't get forgotten. Now I can actually find the one pair I'm looking for :) 





I am thinking about throwing another clothing swap party if people are interested! I added so many cool items to my closet last time. And my other gently used clothes went to friends who adored them. Also, I added purses, belts and tons of other accessories to the mix in case people couldn't find something their size. It helped to have at least two people the same size per friend at the swap. We also had a bunch of appetizers. Maybe this time we could have some wine too? hmmm :)









I am SOOO happy warm weather is finally making an appearance


Over and out.


No comments: