blogger music

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Be thankful..and true. Make time for yourself.



I miss the summer....



It was so hot outside and sunny when I took this picture... I wish I could have warm weather everyday...!! I want to stay inside now everyday..and I want to go buy some sweaters and socks!




 Oh well, I guess it just a part of one of my favorite holidays ever... Not just Christmas, buuuut Thanksgiving is also very special to me. This year we are being welcomed to have Thanksgiving dinner with Chris's brother Michael and his wife, Holly and the little ones. We don't get to see them often enough! They are so sweet to welcome us over! I am excited. We are going to do it up BIG. I plan on making a few dishes. I love it all but I feel like thanksgiving is not complete without green bean casserole, sweet potatoes/mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.  :)



I just cant wait to relax and enjoy their company and take the time to clear my head and fill my belly!





I haven't decided whether or not we will put our tree up this year. It is a big tree! and very heavy... I wonder how my little kitten would do with that! lol

Here is our tree from 2010. 



When I was little, this was my favorite thing in the world. I always wanted to help decorate it. My mom has the cutest ornament collection.


I wish I had a photo of my moms ornaments.


The past few years, for Christmas we have participated and loved exchanging gifts with all of our loved ones at Christmas time. This year, we dont want others to buy for us, as well as let them know we wont be able to do the entire exchange this year. It is a little sad, but honestly.. I am a grown adult and don't need a whole lot to be happy. I have all the things I need. I am just lucky to have my family who we can go visit. 





So, I know I talk about the subject of making life better and hopefully being happy and care free?

Well, I think I need to start reflecting on tips to create happiness.

I am starting a project with myself. A challenge. This is a mental challenge. Last year it was shopping ban for a whole month. This year, its using my "mental pushups" through out the day. Happiness is a journey, not a destination. I continue new ways to enhance my life and now is the time to practice of course.

Treating ourselves cannot be considered selfish if it makes us happier and can help others to be lifted by our GOOD MOODS...

Whos going to look out for #1 if I don't?

-Walk outside for even a few minutes. A breath of fresh air is needed more than you think. 

-Read more. Set aside time to read.

-Listen to an upbeat song. (Take a break for even a few minutes. MUSIC always changes my mood... Why haven't I been doing this on breaks on a stressful day?) This is a no brainer... My last job allowed me to listen to music my entire day at one point... When that was taken away, I forgot how much that was my stress relief.

- Browse a magazine on break.

-Spend time in nature.

- Move your body.
 
-Know that I am the master of my own domain.Yeah.. I said that.

- Accept others as they are.

-Don't resist the now.

-Gift yourself great feelings.

-Spend the first hour of the day on yourself.  Get up and smile, take a hot shower and get some yummy smelling bodywash.... and just enjoy this moment to yourself. Its the little things.

- Always act as if its a wonderful day, from the moment you wake up. 

-Pride vs. making yourself proud.

-Light a nice candle and take a bath

-Know that a large factor of energy is rejuvenation.
 
-Take time to pet the cat/dog and you'll feel better. No matter what.

Play with the cat. It will bring out your inner child.











 Time to start feeling full again.. And now, I am working towards the dedication I had when I was little. And at one point, it shall become effortless...? Maybe.
These are just some of my thoughts on being happier now days...





I will check in a little later from now and see how "project happy" is doing. This is a mindful process. Working towards it everyday.


 Ill seal this deal with a picture of mac and cheese because.. it makes me happy.






and this centerpiece



No comments: