blogger music

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Being MIA and how good it feels sometimes!

Sorry I have been MIA!

(ahem, another blast from the past photo!)

I'm working on taking more photos everyday! It helps us to remember our lives better because a picture takes us back to that very moment.

Being MIA and how good it feels sometimes though! I think everyone does it now and then..

I have gone back to combining my blogs from the fashion/beauty and personal to just ONE blog. I realized it made me blog less because I feel like I have more to do then...
I was too overwhelmed. I was in a rut.














I think the essence of making life different is what we yearn for. We get bored fast.  Or at least I do. lol

So lets try everything...
That's where I'm at. Lets do what makes us happy.
 What could go wrong?



(a recent photo!)

I don't care if everyone is "over" leopard print.. I'm still going to wear it. For me, its not a "trend" its something I have always liked... it looks classic on most anyone.


 

I'm doing ME! And you should do you. no one else.

 
Deactivating Facebook felt great.
I think sometimes we need stuff to kinda fall apart before good things can fall together again. Or just to remind you what is important again! Life has a funny way of teaching us things. REDISCOVER yourself.
 
All I did was Pintrest while being away from facebook.... Its my favorite way to share ideas now. Not only that, but its a great way to network with other fellow bloggers!

I made these really great "summer porridge's" that I found on Pintrest.

I put them in these little half pint mason jars and they're great for a quick snack or energizing breakfast. I bought the plastic screw on lids, but I need to return them for the correct size! They have greek yogurt, granola, nuts,oats, flax seeds, and fruit. Check them out!!! You make them "yours" by adding different things to it.




 Yum, right?


I'm going to make my famous fish tacos & sauce tonight..
(not my fish tacos pictured below)


I have been cooking a lot. I do find joy in it, but its also a LOT of work. If you know someone who cooks a lot...just give them a hug, its lots of work.

Very rewarding though.

I have perfected my crepes recipe! See! Finally I know how hot to get the pan, and how long they cook for. I use to stress out so much when I made these. Talk about success.





 
 I have basically perfected my udon noodle dish with spicy peanut sauce..
Chris helped a lot this time by adding filet mignon steak, and brussel sprouts. We usually do it vegetarian style, but its good with steak or chicken sliced on top and as many different types of seasoned veggies as well.




Yummers.

 Anywho, that's all thats new with me right now. I am actively just trying to make my life more about what makes me happy everyday. I find it hard sometimes to have the energy but I have to ask myself, "isnt being happy worth it? Isn't it worth working for? We go to work for someone else a lot of the day, and the least we can do for ourselves is to venture out into our OWN passions.

 
I have a lot to look forward to, because I am making those changes in my life now.



heres some things that make me laugh:













Hope all of you are doing well. 

The purpose of life is to taste it, to experience it, to toy with it, to ask questions, take charge.... And now I'm going to try to spoon feed myself with my own advice. I know whats right.


5 comments:

bmmmc7 said...

I am trying to live by the same rules and attitude you mention. I have a lot of re-making of myself to do and encourage others to look into their soul and see what they are longing for in life and make it happen.

Love you sweetie!

Michelle

Unknown said...

Yum all of that food looked delicious! I wish I could take a break from Facebook like you did, I know it would benefit me but I am definitely way to addicted to it currently to want to fully commit. Pinterest is fabulous, I love what a giant vat of random knowledge it is! Glad to see you are back to blogging =)

Gregory said...

Love the attitude. Write more ;)

MRROBINS said...

Great blog babe :) cant wait to try more recipes with ya! You are a great Cook ;)

Wake_Up_Fashion said...

Thanks to you all for reading! :) I think that I'm finally feeling less overwhelmed with life. I am glad to be in the spot I am. Because if I only look to my future to be happy, Ill never be okay with the present.